Thursday, December 19, 2002
More Info on Home Page: New Posts, New Comments, More Top Blogs
To allow readers to easily see the latest posts and comments, the home page now includes an expanded New Posts section and a New Comments section. And, the More Top Blogs section has been expanded to display three additional blogs.
Wednesday, December 18, 2002
A number of pages have been tweaked slightly to make them easier to use and improve the visibility of links -- from placing Visa and MasterCard logos on the Subscribe page to adding a "more" link to each category section on the home page.
Monday, December 16, 2002
News and Announcements Blogs Consolidated
To make it easy to see all of the latest news, these two blogs have been combined into a single News blog.
Annual Subscriptions Now Available
Naturally, monthly subscriptions continue to be available.
Sunday, December 15, 2002
Want to Subscribe? Now, You Don't Need to Set Up a PayPal Account First!
Since the Network is growing so rapidly, we've set up a new system that allows us to accept credit cards directly.
As a result, subscribers no longer need to set up a PayPal account first. And, we now accept credit cards from all countries, not just the ones supported by PayPal. Thanks to the use of secure pages, all credit card information is kept safe while being transmitted over the Internet.
This improvement makes it even easier for anyone to subscribe to Blogging Network. Of course, PayPal is still available as an option for subscribers who prefer to use PayPal.
Saturday, December 14, 2002
Easily See Who You Are Signed In As When Posting a Comment
Do other people share your computer? Now, the Add Comment page shows the nickname of the person who is signed in, so you don't have to worry about inadvertently commenting as someone else.
Thursday, November 7, 2002
Blogging Network Update
Thanks to word of mouth, subscriptions are steadily increasing, so writer earnings are up 89% in the second month. The home page shows the total to date. We’ve also set up a referral bonus of $5 per new subscriber.
The best part is the growing writer lineup. Along with familiar bloggers, we’re seeing many new additions to the blogosphere as a result of Blogging Network. Here are some of the writers:
- Shahed Amanullah (USA), editor-in-chief of AltMuslim.com
- Alexander Bradley (UK), freelance writer and columnist for The Friday Thing
- Dr. Robert M. Cutler (USA), international affairs expert and frequent talk radio guest
- Emily Dubberley (UK), freelance journalist (Revolution) and sexuality expert (Cliterati)
- Syed Hosain (USA), wireless telecom expert and Silicon Valley veteran
- Joanne Jacobs (USA), former writer and columnist for San Jose Mercury News
- Julie Landry (USA), former business/technology writer for Red Herring
- Yasmeen Lari (Pakistan), architect, historian, book author (Oxford University Press)
- Tom Layton (USA), teacher and online learning expert
- Margot Lester (USA), freelance writer (Playboy, Match.com)
- William T. Quick (USA), fiction writer and novelist (HarperCollins)
- Shanaz Ramzi (Pakistan), journalist for Dawn, Pakistan's leading English newspaper
Now that the site has been successfully tested in the real world, we’re preparing our first press release, which will focus on writers. If you know anyone who might be interested in writing, please let us know.
It felt wonderful to send out the second set of earnings to writers. With readers already paying hundreds of dollars, the marketplace is working perfectly. Like eBay, Blogging Network is giving us more choices at fair prices, and restoring power to each of us.
Sunday, November 3, 2002
Automatic inclusion in Eatonweb blog directory
If you would prefer not be listed in this directory, please let us know.
Tuesday, October 22, 2002
Draft of revised home page
A draft of a revised home page is now available
. This revision makes it easier to see the wide range of blogs and categories. Thanks for all the feedback!
Category Names Revised
The category names have been revised to take up less space. No categories have been added or removed.