Friday, September 20, 2002
Money Available to Writers
For clarity, the previous "annual run rate" number has been removed, and the actual "money available to writers" is now displayed on the home page. Thanks for the input on this!
Thursday, September 19, 2002
Mature Audiences category
It is important that Blogging Network be an open community, as well as a safe place for everyone to visit. As you know, bookstores keep adult magazines and books segregated, often blocked by screens or high shelves.
To allow writers to post erotica or other "adult" content on Blogging Network, while restricting access to minors, we are planning to add a Mature Audiences category where such content must be posted.
If anyone has any concerns about this addition, please add comments to this post.
Wednesday, September 18, 2002
Home Page Revision
The revised home page is now live. A new News and Information page links to the new Announcements (formerly News), News and System Status blogs; see the other blogs for details. Thanks to everyone for all the feedback!
Tuesday, September 17, 2002
As you may have noticed, we have been changing some things around in the categories. We've consolidated the Technology and Business categories and added Religion & Spirituality. Watch for some very interesting writing in this new category!
Also, the original Blogging Network blog is now named Announcements and will be used for important company and Network announcements.
Monday, September 16, 2002
Home Page Revision (Draft)
People have provided much feedback on what they’d like to see showcased. Check out this this draft revision to the home page, which attempts to incorporate all the feedback. Good? Bad? This site is yours, so speak now!
(Note that the page does not reflect current information, since it is not yet live.)
See the Home Page Revision (Draft)
Here's some more information on the sections you can see in the draft:
- Featured Blog: showcases one popular blog, selected at random. Since one blog is featured at a time, readers can see much of the blog’s description, making it easy for readers to find interesting blogs. Readers can read the blog, or look at other popular blogs.
- Featured Writer: showcases one popular writer, selected at random. This section includes text from the writer’s About Me page, giving readers the opportunity to learn about the writer and their other work. Readers can see the writer’s full About Me page, or learn more about other writers.
- New Posts: highlights the latest post from each of the four most recently updated blogs. A longer excerpt is shown for the most recent post. Readers can read the full post, or find more new posts.
- New Comments: highlights the four latest comments in all blogs. A longer excerpt is shown for the last comment. Readers can read the full text of each comment, or see all the latest comments.
- Blogging Network News: highlights the last news item. Readers can see the full post or look at all the news items.
- Top 10: the 10 most read blogs in the last 24 hours. Readers can read a blog, learn more about a writer, or see other popular blogs.
- Top in (Category): the three most read blogs in the last 24 hours in a category. The category is selected at random. Readers can look at a blog, a writer, or other popular blogs in the category.
Friday, September 13, 2002
Writers, Add an About Me Page!
Many people have requested a page that showcases the writers on Blogging Network, to demonstrate the diversity and quality of the writing.
This page will be available soon, along with a sample of a revised home page that includes a Featured Writer section. If you're a writer, and would like to be featured on these pages, please add an About Me page. You can do that by going to Add/Edit My About Me Page.
Thursday, September 12, 2002
Congratulations to timshell for writing Post #1000!
Monday, September 9, 2002
Sign Up page bug fixed
It appears that during yesterday's site upgrade, a bug was introduced on the Sign Up page. This bug has been fixed (thanks, Judith!).
Sunday, September 8, 2002
Buttons, Logos and Search
Want to link to Blogging Network? You can now get buttons and logos
, or add a Blogging Network search box
A lot of small changes have been made recently, including adding Help
pages, revising text and reorganizing a couple of commands. The Other category has been renamed Miscellaneous. (Thanks to emilyd
for many suggestions.)