Moving to Maui

Thursday, February 27, 2003

My husband will not get the job.

We will stay where we are for now. It was fun fantisizing about it for a while--but the more we looked into it--the less feasible it seemed. Sign in to see full entry.

Monday, February 3, 2003

Going to college.

My daughter Kelly knows where she wants to go to college and is just waiting to hear if she made it or not. Brenda, who has been sick has had a hard time figuring it out. But I think that she's getting closer to making a decision. She is considering a small university on the other side of the... Sign in to see full entry.

Sunday, February 2, 2003

New York State

I looked up states with vocational rehabilitation services for those with chemical dependency problems. I found a good sounding program in upstate New York and looked up the jobs there. There are jobs in my husband's field. Whether he'd like the company, I don't know but the cost of housing is... Sign in to see full entry.

Saturday, February 1, 2003

We want a change.

I don't think Hawaii is the right place. Nor do I think 2003 is the right year to move. Between the poor economy, the war in Iraq, and Brenda not really knowing what she wants to major in--I think we need to stay. We just need to make some changes here. In the past we'd find another church--but... Sign in to see full entry.

Friday, January 31, 2003

I did look up Texas

and forgot how big it is. I've never been there in a car I just flew to Dallas a couple of times for a Mary Kay convention. We've drived through California and Montana, but never Texas. Unless Brenda went to school within one hundred miles of us it would be like being in another state. We have... Sign in to see full entry.

Thursday, January 30, 2003

I'm thinking that we should check out Texas.

That might sound crazy--but there could be advantages. So I'll check it out and then write more. I hate waiting-- and I don't think Brenda will have a place to go to school if we don't move. She doesn't want to leave home next year. I know from her sister that a long mania can take a long time to... Sign in to see full entry.

Wednesday, January 29, 2003

It's hard to sort out your feelings about something

that may never happen. Moving is out of my control completely. Now that my daughter is feeling better, she's back to wondering where she should go to school. She's afraid of moving away from home and living in the dorm--because she had a bad roommate once. Her roommate was quite a bit older than her... Sign in to see full entry.

Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Examining Feelings Randomly

Yesterday, probably because of Sunday, I hurt everywhere and couldn't get much done. But I did change my bed and wash my sheets. We have a friend come over every Monday. When he comes--sometimes I want to talk to him but other times I'd rather not. He likes to be difficult just for the fun of it. I... Sign in to see full entry.

Monday, January 27, 2003

Although its urgent that we get better care for our daughter,

this is a hard time to move. Most of the jobs I see posted are out of date or for persons right out of college. Some states have almost no projects in my husband's field. California and Texas both have jobs but we don't want to move to either state. Although Texas is one of the states that has PACT,... Sign in to see full entry.

Sunday, January 26, 2003

Is there any place else?

Yesterday I looked at Sunnyvale, California. It has quite a few jobs of the type that my husband do. The problem is that houses cost a half a million dollars. California also doesn't have PACT and I suspect it is as difficult or more difficult to get mental health treatment there. Hawaii doesn't yet... Sign in to see full entry.

Page:     1  2  3  Next > Last >> 

Headlines (What is this?)

Referrals - About Us - Press - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Conduct Policy
Copyright © 2019 Shaycom Corporation. All rights reserved.