Wednesday, April 18, 2007
New features and user experience improvements!
Blogit is pleased to announce the following new features and improvements to the Blogit user experience based on requests from members:
New blog upgrades include:
- Blogs are now displayed more quickly using new Microsoft technology.
- If you have the Silver or Gold plan, you may now add a calendar to your blogs by selecting the calendar template from the list of choices or by checking the "Show calendar" box in the Easy Template Designer. (If you have an advanced template, learn how to add these features.)
Most blogs will also see the following features (if you have the Gold plan and are using an advanced template, learn how to add these features; if you are a Classic subscriber using a Classic custom template, these new features are not supported):
- Each blog now includes a list of the 5 most recent entries on the right side of the blog under the section titled "Recent Entries".
- You can now find the URL for each blog entry or comment on the web page itself so that you don't have to know to click on Permalink *and* find it in the web address field. To find the URL, click on the "link to this" link under each blog entry and each comment.
Additional user experience improvements include:
- When responding to a specific comment, the subject of your comment automatically includes "Re: comment subject" so that readers can easily see what you are responding to.
- You can now click on the Last and First links instead of only the Next and Previous links to skip to the end or beginning on Search results or when looking for entries on a blog.
- With the most common Blogit nicknames already taken, Blogit now suggests a nickname if the one you want is not available.
- Popularity rank now has an information icon next to it; simply mouse over the icon to learn how popularity ranks are calculated by Blogit.
- To prevent spam, emails (both member-to-member emails and email-this-page emails) are now limited to 5 in a 24-hour period.
We continue to improve Blogit based on members' feedback, and appreciate all input from Blogit members. Thank you!