Thursday, November 7, 2002
Blogging Network Update
Thanks to word of mouth, subscriptions are steadily increasing, so writer earnings are up 89% in the second month. The home page shows the total to date. We’ve also set up a referral bonus of $5 per new subscriber.
The best part is the growing writer lineup. Along with familiar bloggers, we’re seeing many new additions to the blogosphere as a result of Blogging Network. Here are some of the writers:
- Shahed Amanullah (USA), editor-in-chief of AltMuslim.com
- Alexander Bradley (UK), freelance writer and columnist for The Friday Thing
- Dr. Robert M. Cutler (USA), international affairs expert and frequent talk radio guest
- Emily Dubberley (UK), freelance journalist (Revolution) and sexuality expert (Cliterati)
- Syed Hosain (USA), wireless telecom expert and Silicon Valley veteran
- Joanne Jacobs (USA), former writer and columnist for San Jose Mercury News
- Julie Landry (USA), former business/technology writer for Red Herring
- Yasmeen Lari (Pakistan), architect, historian, book author (Oxford University Press)
- Tom Layton (USA), teacher and online learning expert
- Margot Lester (USA), freelance writer (Playboy, Match.com)
- William T. Quick (USA), fiction writer and novelist (HarperCollins)
- Shanaz Ramzi (Pakistan), journalist for Dawn, Pakistan's leading English newspaper
Now that the site has been successfully tested in the real world, we’re preparing our first press release, which will focus on writers. If you know anyone who might be interested in writing, please let us know.
It felt wonderful to send out the second set of earnings to writers. With readers already paying hundreds of dollars, the marketplace is working perfectly. Like eBay, Blogging Network is giving us more choices at fair prices, and restoring power to each of us.