Having trouble editing text in your comments or blog entries? First, check the following:
security settings in Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu and choose Internet
Options, then click the Security tab and click the "Default Level" button.
- Is your browser set to check for new versions of pages? For example, in Internet
Explorer, click the Tools menu and choose Internet Options, then click the General
tab and click "Settings". Ensure that the "Automatically" button is highlighted.
- Are browser "cookies" enabled? For example, to reset your cookie options in Internet
Explorer, go to Tools and choose Internet Options, then click the Privacy tab. Click
If you're still having issues, you can try hiding the editing toolbar to see if
that helps. Here's how:
- Click the "My account" link at the top-right corner of any Blogit page
- Click "View or change preferences" in the General section
- Uncheck the "Show toolbar when editing text" box
- Click the "Save changes" button
Web browsers on which the editing toolbar may be used
- Internet Explorer 5.5+
- Firefox 0.8+
- Safari 1.3+
7.1+ (7.0+ on Windows)
- Mozilla 1.3+
- Opera 9.0+
Firefox, Mozilla, and Netscape
- If you click the Cut, Copy, or Paste buttons, you are prompted to use the appropriate
keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, or Ctrl-V) instead.
- When you click the Paste from Word or Paste Plain Text buttons, a dialog box will
be displayed. Paste the content into the dialog box using the Ctrl-V keyboard shortcut
and then click OK.
- The Hyperlink, Indent and Bulleted List buttons do not work.
- Inserting an emoticon or picture, or changing the paragraph style of text, may cause
one character to be deleted.
- The context menu, which is displayed when right-clicking, is positioned at a distance
from the cursor instead of next to it.
Did this help? Continue
Still have questions? Go back to the help
department or email us.